Monday, February 11, 2008

Pictures

While it may be fun to look at pictures of cats, bikes, and Taulov (my birth place) on Flickr - I find it much more enjoyable to browse the Corbis site; they have some truly amazing pictures, and their controlled vocabulary makes it possible to search the site -- my daily dose of cool pictures come from this site; I find the pictures just magnificent and the the owner often posts pictures of Toronto... One site that I just recently discovered is 20 Sites n Years, which is an amazing project... the owner has takes pictures of the same buildings and places every year since 1973. I find it pretty interesting to see how (and how little) the places and buildings change over the years -- but I also find it fascinating that the guy actually went back to the same places every year for 35 years... wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment